Meet Ian Roberts
I have been racing triathlon since 2004 and have found my passion - pushing my limits to see how I adapt to training and finding new ways to train and bring about improvements in physiology and performance. I have competed in triathlon and duathlon from sprint up to half Ironman and Powerman and have found the challenge of each totally rewarding. I am also a member of Liverpool Pembroke and Sefton Harriers AC.
Since 2011 I was fortunate to gain sponsorship and race for Torq Performance race team, I then moved onto champion system UK race team until 2016 which was a wonderful 5 years and then became a coached athlete on Matt Bottrill Performance Program which was incredible. I feel honoured to have gained an insight into different methods of training and have learned so much from these fantastic people and opportunities.
I also feel privileged to have been guided by many influential coaches from British triathlon, British cycling and Southport swimming club and have never stopped learning.
- British triathlon level 2 qualified coach
- Uka athletics level 1qualified coach
- Bsc sports studies and sports coaching with business management
- ASA swimming teacher’s award
- ASA strength and conditioning coach
- PGCE in secondary physical education
- Head of physical education.